1. Start with a small amount of olive oil. Cook the shallots, bay leaf, garlic, star anise, ginger, cumin powder and tomato puree in a thick based pot. Cook low and slow for 45 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Deglaze the pot with the Guinness Draught, then the caster sugar and reduce by half. Add in the chilli, demerara sugar and apple cider vinegar. Bring to the boil and stir frequently. Reduce to a simmer, skimming any fat present on the top.
3. Dice the red pepper, red onion, courgette and halloumi.
4. Skewer and spray or brush with a little sunflow oil and add to a hot barbecue.
5. Brush with the BBQ marinade and cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve with flatbreads, salads, and enjoy with a Guinness.