Chef Barb Batiste is a Los Angeles-based chef that draws inspiration from her Filipino heritage. This Bread Pudding recipe incorporates the malty sweetness of Guinness Draught, topped with a sweet Cream Cheese Drizzle to create a moist and delicious dessert. The recipe is a part of the Guinness Flavor Series, featuring chefs from a variety of cultural backgrounds who show how Guinness can unlock unique flavors and new possibilities while cooking at home.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt. Continue cooking just until butter melts; cool.
3. Meanwhile, butter a 4-to-6-cup baking dish and fill it with cubed bread.
4. Add eggs to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread.
5. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until custard is set but still a little wobbly and edges of bread have browned.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
1. Combine butter, cream cheese and milk in the bowl of a stand mixer (or you may use an electric mixer) and beat until creamy, well-combined, and lump-free.
2. Add vanilla extract and salt and stir well to combine.
3. With mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
4. Drizzle over hot bread pudding and enjoy!