Chef Yadira Garcia is a Dominican, Bronx-born chef. Pulling from those unforgettable summer memories from DR, her Dominican Fish & Chips is the most iconic beach and coastal town dish, the perfect meal after a day in the sun. The recipe is a part of the Guinness Flavor Series, featuring chefs from a variety of cultural backgrounds who show how Guinness can unlock unique flavors and new possibilities while cooking at home.
1. Cut: Score fish 3 or 4 times diagonally on both sides.
2. Season: Sprinkle each fish with a pinch of oregano, garlic, pepper, and salt.
3. Rub each fish with the cornstarch, making sure it gets into the cuts.
4. Fry: In a frying pot heat the oil over medium-high heat (350 ºF [176 ºC]). Deep-fry one by one until golden brown on both sides.
5. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
6. Serve: Garnish with lime wedges, and serve with tostones (twice-fried plantains) salt and Guinness Draught on the side.